Paypal has become the most preferred payment method for many users from various countries due to it’s ease and speed when using it. The problem comes when we want to pay on Amazon using PayPal and use the money we have in our account. Luckily there are various ways to do this and make your life easier.
Amazon Payment Methods
Amazon does not include PayPal as one of their mode of Payments but there are still ways in which you can use your PayPal balance to make purchases on Amazon though it is advisable to use one one of the accepted mode of payment already made available by Amazon. Below are list of Accepted mode of Payments available for use on Amazon as stated on their website.
- Visa (including the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card)
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Discover Network
- American Express
- Diner’s Club (U.S. billing addresses only)
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express prepaid credit or gift cards
As I’ve said earlier, it is not possible to make a direct payment to Amazon with your Paypal account, although there are few ways to spend your PayPal balance to buy Amazon products and below we will walk you through on how to achieve that.
1. Buy Amazon Gift Cards
- This is perhaps the fastest solution, but it does come with risks, as you will need to find reputable websites that sells pre-loaded gift cards to use on Amazon.
- Websites you can use for example are Dundle, eGifter, and Recharge etc. You must be cautious and take note of your country when buying the card, for example those from Spain will only be valid for Amazon.es, and not for Amazon.com.
- You can then load the gift card voucher by going to My account > Gift vouchers.
- After that you enter the code that will have been sent to you from the website where you bought the Amazon gift card.
- Then you will only have to go to the product you want to buy and in the payment methods you choose to pay with a gift voucher by clicking on “change” or by entering the card code, in case you have not already added it to your balance.
2. Buy with Paypal on Amazon with a debit card
This option is not valid for all countries, so you will have to see if they offer it for yours. At least for Spain and the United States it does appear, although only for Paypal Business, so it is not clear if they will later offer it for personal accounts.
3. Through a trusted friend/exchanger
In various forums people are sometimes offered to exchange Paypal balance for other money related cards such as Amazon gift cards. It’s best if it’s someone you know, so you can send them your Paypal balance in exchange for the card.
It’s not the most reliable of methods, and it’s probably a bit more expensive, but to get out of trouble it could be a solution, just make sure it’s someone you know well or make some research from forums about the exchanger to know if he/she is a trusted exchanger or not. Also take a look in the exchanger’s reputation and the previous transactions carried out.
Note: This is not the best option to make purchases on Amazon via PayPal and you must proceed with extreme caution.